Let me start by saying the O-cedar easy wring spin mop is listed under Amazon’s best sellers in Home and Kitchen. As a former cleaning department manager, I feel responsible for recommending products that not only work, but work well. I’m constantly testing products on their performance, because I don’t like to recommend a product(s) I haven’t used. Hands down, this is the best mop I have ever used. In fact, I love it so much that I mop more frequently and my floors always look squeaky clean!
Mopping no longer feels like a chore because of the simplicity behind this product. My boyfriend doesn’t understand how I can have so much fun cleaning with a mop. How many of you can say that you love your mop? I know, I’m sure you’re thinking I’m crazy right now because of my passion for this mop, but you’ll understand once you use it.
My entire home is hardwood and tile flooring, so I do a lot of mopping! Especially because I have two dogs that constantly track in dirt and mud! Before I got my O’Cedar Easy Wring Spin Mop, I would plug the drain in my sink and fill it with warm soapy water and vinegar. I would mop a few tiles and then rinse the mop out in the sink, wring it out and repeat until the entire floor was clean. There’s a couple of things I don’t like about this method of mopping.
1. I felt like I was mopping with dirty water. Every time I rinsed the mop, the water would get dirtier, obviously. I would wind up draining and refilling the sink with fresh soap and water halfway through my mopping session because I didn’t want to use the dirty water on my clean floors.
2. I got tired of having to hand wring out the mop every time. I know how lazy that sounds, but I’m sure I’m not the only person that gets tired of wringing out a mop. For those of you out there that share my mopping complaints, the O-Cedar Easy Wring Spin Mop will change the way you feel about mopping, forever.
When you open the box, you will see the Easy Wring bucket, the microfiber mop head, and the mop handle. The handle comes in 2 pieces and has to be assembled, which was very easy. The microfiber mop head then snaps onto the handle of the mop.
Advantages of O-Cedar Easy Wring Microfiber Spin Mop
- Pivoting Head: You don’t realize how helpful a pivoting mop head can be until you use one.
- Microfiber Mop Head: Yes, microfiber makes all the difference. I used to like using terry cloth until I tried microfiber. Microfiber is like a giant magnet that is attracted to dirt and dust.
- Height Adjusting Handle: The handle will adjust up to 48″
- Streak-Free: I love that you can wring the mop out to your desired “wetness”. I like my mop wetter when I’m scrubbing and then I’ll wring it out until it’s almost dry and go back to where I mopped and wipe up any water still remaining on the floor.
- Splash Guard: I didn’t believe that the bucket “wringer” really wouldn’t splash any water out. I put the mop in the wringer, stepped on the peddle, and waited for the water to splash out, even if it was just a few drops. To my surprise, there wasn’t a drop of water that splashed out.
- Hands-Free Wringing: One of the best features of this mop. No more wet, messy hands. Simply press on the peddle, and let the bucket do the work. Step on the peddle one time, and your mop will still be pretty wet. Step on it two times, and your mop will be much drier. By the third and fourth time you step on the peddle of the mop, your mop will be very dry. Does it get any better than that?
- Safe For All Hard Floors
Disadvantages of O-Cedar Easy Wring Microfiber Spin Mop
Honestly, it was hard for me to determine what I didn’t like about this mop. None of the “cons” that I have listed would change my 5 Star Rating.
- Squeaky Handle: Over time, the pivoting head started to squeak on my mop. Unless you’re easily annoyed by squeaky things like I am, this probably won’t bother you.
- No Scrubbing Pad: While the microfiber mop head does a much better job than terry cloth, there’s no additional scrubbing pad for stubborn spots. You have to put a little more elbow grease into stubborn spots than you would with a mop that had a tougher scrubbing pad in addition to the mop head.
- Price Point: This mop does cost more than your standard mop, but it’s more than worth the price. I consider this mop an investment!
Trust me. You won’t regret it!
Hopefully, this article has provided you with resourceful information! You can clearly see how much I like this mop.
*2020 Update: 2 years later, I still use my mop! I’ve purchased a couple of replacement mop heads, but they last quite a while because you can throw them in the washer!
I’d love to hear from anyone that has used this mop and what your personal experience has been! Also, feel free to leave a question or comment! I love to hear from my readers!
Blogger, crafter, dog mom
Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! I’m glad you’re here. I started this blog to share my passion of DIY and crafting. I hope my blog inspires you to create your own unique masterpieces!
A Home Crafter is a participant in Affiliate programs, including but not limited to the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking directly to the affiliate site.